Paper Submission Instructions
Instructions to Authors
We invite submissions across 24 conference tracks, including our theme track: "Human Values Crisis in a Digitizing World: Winner Take-All Capitalism, Environmental Limits, and Global Contagion”
Paper submission deadline: 18 November 2020, 23:59 CET (Central European Time).
Notification of acceptance: 03 March 2021.
When submitting your paper, please consider the following:
- All papers need to be submitted to one – and only one – of the 24 research tracks.
- An author may contribute to up to a maximum of three (3) manuscript submissions.
- Track Chairs are not allowed to submit to their own track. They are asked to submit their paper(s) to the General Track.
- Papers should be submitted as a “.pdf” file.
- All papers must be submitted through the ECIS 2021 PCS Submission System.
- The submission system open on 1 November 2020.
- Any submission that violates the above guidelines will be eliminated from the review process.
Two Types of Submissions
- Completed research papers (RP). (Additional Requirements for RP and the RP template)
- Research-in-Progress papers (RiP). (Additional Requirements for RiP and the RiP template)
English is the language of the conference and of all submissions. We recommend engaging a proofreader should authors be concerned about the quality of the paper’s English language.
Submissions to ECIS 2021 must be original; Submissions must not be concurrently under consideration for publication or presentation elsewhere. If your paper has previously been published as a working paper or a pre-print, you will be asked to describe this as part of the submission process.
Anonymize Completed Research Papers and Research-in-progress Paper for Blind Review
Authors name(s) should not appear in the body of the paper (including the abstract). Please note that if your paper reveals author names anywhere, they will be desk rejected outright without any further review.
Eliminate references to your institutions, your sponsors, your unpublished work and your published work if these references will identify any author.
Remove author and institution information from document properties. To do this in MS-Word, click on Tools>>Options and then click on the Security tab. Under Privacy Options, select “Remove personal information from file properties on save.” Panel proposal submissions do not have to be made anonymous for blind review.
“Acknowledgements” section should be left blank until the final version is prepared for the proceedings.
For all papers accepted at ECIS2021, authors retain copyrights. However, by submitting a paper, authors agree that AIS can publish and reproduce any accepted papers in the ECIS2021 Proceedings in the format of AIS’ choosing (CDs, e-Library, and printed proceedings) under an established ISBN number for ECIS2021.
Authors are encouraged to develop their papers for journal publication after the conference.
Both full research papers and research in-progress papers, accepted and presented in interactive conference track sessions (or posters), will be published in the ECIS conference proceedings and made available in the AIS Electronic Library (aisel.aisnet.org/ecis).
Should you have any questions, please approach the track chairs of the track you plan to submit your paper to ideally before 10 November 2020.